This is my first real attempt to stack movie frames to create a higher detail shot of anything. I think it turned out pretty good considering that the seeing wasn’t very good last night and this was my first real try at stacking.
I used a Canon sd700 in movie mode at 15fps to capture 10 seconds of video which was passed through virtualdub to create an uncompressed avi that was then run through several iterations of registax until I got the results above.
One frame from the video looks like this:
I still have a long way to go with the tools but not too shabby. Wish I’d tried this the night before when Io was transiting and the Great Tan Spot (it’s not red anymore) was visible. Oh well, next time.