You ever look back at something you did months ago and wonder, "why did I do that?"
I did that this evening with the controller that I’ve got in my lab.
I’m starting work on another hologram for a professor at A&M and needed to do a bit of maintenance on the table. Strange, but every time a new hologram request from her comes in, there’s something that needs doing in the lab before I can get started.
This time the HEPA fan wasn’t shutting off during an exposure and the table light sensor wasn’t working.
It turned out with the HEPA fan that somehow I’d wired up the relay connection with an additional 5v going to it. I have no idea why I did that. Fortunately it just caused the controller chip on that port to heat up (and not work) but didn’t blow anything. Odd that it was working for a while and then just stopped.
The light sensor just turned out to be a loose connection at the junction between the table wiring and the controller wiring. Gremlins.
I also found a problem with the holocontroller software not always shutting off the fan and fixed that.
Now I just need to straighten up the lab, prep some film, paint the subject and shoot. All tomorrow morning.