Index matching, cont

After these attempts I’ve continued refining my index matching methods and I’m two for two. I made a hologram this morning with the second piece of film that I’d TEA treated yesterday and the final hologram is nice bright and clear.

On the other hand, I’ve got to improve my pre-index methods as there were several small pieces of lint and one thread that was apparently on the film before I put it on the glass.

Fortunately none of these show up in the final image.

I’d very carefully cleaned the glass but I’ll have to give Saxby’s recommendation to clean the back of the film a try.

When I TEA treat film, I use a sheet of glass as the working surface. I’ll have to give that surface a try in order to clean off the back of the film prior to applying it to the exposing plate.

Subscribe to Blog via Email

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Author: Michael Harrison

Husband, Programmer, Irish dancer, tinkerer, astronomer, layabout (as much as possible)

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.