I was working with some knit/crochet ladies on making coffee cup cozies for charity and could not find a crochet pattern that was fun but not too tough, so I made one up. The nice thing about this cozy is that the rows of puffs or baubles fit comfortably between the fingers. Let me know if you have any trouble or questions. Happy crocheting!
worsted weight yarn
ch hdc puff rsc
Puff = [Yarn over (yo), insert hook through desired stitch, yo and pull up a loop] 4 times in same stitch. Yo once more and draw through all 9 loops on hook. Puff complete.
Work in the round, joining at the end of each round.
Chains at the beginning of a round count as one stitch, i.e. Ch2 + 31 hdc counts as 32 hdc.
Work reverse single crochet loosely in final round to avoid adding too much tension.
1. Ch 32.
2. Sl st in 1st ch to join.
3. Rotate around end instead of turning to work in far loops of beginning ch.
5. Repeat step 4. (Check the fit on a coffee cup. You can undo and add or remove multiples of 2 sts to adjust the size.)
6. Ch 2, 1 hdc in same st as join and in next 15 stitches. 2 hdc in next st. 1 hdc in next 15 sts. Join in top of ch 2. (34 hdc)
8. Repeat step 4. (34 hdc)
9. Ch 2, 1 hdc in same stitch as join and in next 16 sts. 2 hdc in next st. 1 hdc in next 16 sts. Join in top of ch 2. (36 hdc)
10. Repeat step 7.
11. Repeat step 4. (36 hdc)
12. Rsc in each stitch around. Slip under a loop inside and down a bit from top edge to hide the join.
Fasten off and weave in ends.