After these attempts I’ve continued refining my index matching methods and I’m two for two. I made a hologram this morning with the second piece of film that I’d TEA treated yesterday and the final hologram is nice bright and clear.
On the other hand, I’ve got to improve my pre-index methods as there were several small pieces of lint and one thread that was apparently on the film before I put it on the glass.
Fortunately none of these show up in the final image.
Continue reading “Index matching, cont”
Anyone have any foolproof methods for index matching sheets of PFG-01 roll film to glass? For 4×5" sheets I’d used both mineral oil and lamp oil with decent success, although I detest the messiness of it.
Continue reading “Index matching”
I’ve been working on a commission from a co-worker for a bit now and the last few days have been spent doing tests (I generally manage to get one in a day during the week) of new bleaches and color swelling.
[originally posted Apr 6, 2005]
[edited Apr 8 to add green version]
This weekend was a good one for holography (as well as enjoying the weather with wifey).
On Saturday I made a large copy of the Jesus-gram (which I gave to Andres) and I later got a wild hair and decided to take the time to re-do my canopy. I haven’t been happy with it because I originally made it shorter than it needed to be and there was one corner that was hard to get past.
Last week Andres came over to make use of my master layout (he had his table set up for copies and really didn’t want to tear it down) to make a Jesus-gram.
[first posted on 3/30/2005, final H2 added 4/2/2005]
Continue reading “Jesus!”